We welcome all developers to use our API and create applications on our platform.
There are only six things we require from all developers for the moment.
- Kindly obtain your own api_id for your application.
- Please don't use the word Telegram in the title of your app.
- If you do, make sure you have the word unofficial in the title as well.
- Please don't use the official Telegram logo (white paper plane on a blue background) for your app.
- Please study our security guidelines and take good care of your users' data and privacy.
- Please make sure your users understand that your app is using our API and is part of the Telegram ecosystem — this must be mentioned in the app's description.
In order to obtain an API id and develop your own application using the Telegram API you need to do the following:
- Sign up for Telegram using any application.
- Log in to your Telegram core: https://my.telegram.org.
- Go to ‘API development tools’ and fill out the form.
- You will get basic addresses as well as the api_id and api_hash parameters required for user authorization.
- For the moment each number can only have one api_id connected to it.
We will be sending important developer notifications to the phone number that you use in this process, so please use an up-to-date number connected to your active Telegram account.
Using Telegram's open source code
Everyone is welcome to use our open source code. We have included a sample API id with the code. This API id is limited on the server side and is not suitable for apps released to end-users — this will result in the API_ID_PUBLISHED_FLOOD error for your users. It is necessary that you obtain your own API id before you publish the app. Please remember to publish your code as well in order to comply with the licences.